NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- New Mexico State Library Bookmibile is coming to Town!
April, May, June - Schedule
- October 8, 2014, Rio Arriba County Officials Meet with Los Alamos National Laboratory Director and Regional Officials. Today Rio Arriba County Commissioners and Administrators met with LANL Director Charles McMillian, Ph.D to discuss the relationship between the entities.... read more.
- September 9, 2014 Prescribed fires will be conducted throughout Santa Fe National Forest between September 15th and October 31st....read more.
- The Forest Plan is an important document that governs all of the Forest Service's management actions. Santa Fe National Forest is in the process of revising their existing plan and they invite you to work with them to develop a new plan that promotes a healthy, diverse, and productive Santa Fe National Forest. The goal is to remain inclusive and efficient as they move through the collaborative planning process.
- County Employee featured in article on Fronterasdesk regarding the Food Hub in Española. Eating healthy can be tough, not to mention expensive. For many, fatty fast foods are more accessible than a nutritious meal. But communities across the country are trying to change that.....read more.
- Get Connected. Get Answers. DIAL 2-1-1 for information and Referral. The 2-1-1 line provides free information and referral to health and human services, government agencies, and community-based organizations in Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, and Taos counties. You may also visit www.referweb.net/unnm for information.
- NEW! NEW POST-WILDFIRE GUIDE FOR COMMUNITIES NOW AVAILABLE
As wildfires continue to impact the western United States, a new guide has been developed to help those impacted by wildfire in New Mexico start on the path to recovery. New Mexico State Forestry, along with many interagency partners, has created this guide and a companion website called “After Wildfire: A Guide for New Mexico Communities,” according to New Mexico Forest and Watershed Health Office Coordinator Susan Rich, who led the project.
“We developed this guide for New Mexicans affected by wildfire and for the emergency personnel and civic leaders they turn to in a time of crisis,” said Rich. ”The initial request for this guide came from people in the trenches, individuals helping communities hard-hit by wildfire and post-fire flooding. We wrote it for them.”
Funded in part by the USDA Forest Service, the new After Wildfire New Mexico Guide and website provides information on subjects such as technical guides to post-wildfire mitigation and land treatments; links to post-wildfire and flooding funding and financial tips for individuals and communities; how to mobilize communities and working with volunteer organizations; post-fire and flooding safety; and resources for emotional support.
“After Wildfire: A Guide for New Mexico Communities” is now available through the After Wildfire website: www.afterwildfirenm.org. In addition to the information found in the new guide, the website provides links to wildfire guides published by other sources as well as links to social media sites, active wildfire information, contact information to the agencies who have contributed information to the guide and materials for fire prevention and preparedness.
- We are proud to announce our new online GIS mapping. This is an ongoing Rio Arriba County initiative. The Planning & Zoning Department is working closely with county management in order to provide useful information to the public and other government agencies. We are inviting comment or suggestions for types of maps or the information contained therein. Please submit these comments to County management.
- The Rio Arriba County Clerks office is working in conjuction with the Secretary of State to establish Voting Convenience Centers (VCC's) throughout our county. The Voting Convenience Centers will allow county residents the ability to vote at any VCC regardless of their normal polling location.
(TO VIEW A LIST OF CURRENT EVENTS, PLEASE GO TO OUR HOME PAGE AND VIEW THE COUNTY CALENDAR OF EVENTS)