USING YOUR ADMIN - The Page Editor - Text Formatting
Mac Users: This section requires an alternate procedure on the Mac. Click here.
PC/Windows users, read on:
Make sure the paragraph button is selected.
Notice the row of Text Editing buttons: off, web link, mailto link, link browser, bold, italic, clear markup.
- Click the bold button, and highlight some text in the paragraph you just typed by dragging across with your cursor.
- A popup asks to confirm that you want to make the selected text bold.
- Click yes, and notice the html tags on either side of the text you selected.
- Highlight and make bold any other text you wish.
- Click the off button to disengage the bold function.
- Click the preview on/off button at the top of the editor to view your bold text.
- Click the preview on/off button to go back to the editor.
- Highlight the bold text with the html tags, and hit the clear markup button. The tags go away, and your text is normal again.
- Highlight some of your text, and try the web link button, mailto link button, and italic button. Remember to use the off button to disengage these functions.
- A web link should look like this: http://www.desertheart.com
And mailto (email popup) link should look like this: mailto:email@example.com. Be sure there are no spaces in your links.