Rio Arriba County Clerk's Office
A Letter from County Clerk, Moises A. Morales, Jr., Informing Rio Arriba Citizens of Changes and Updates from the Clerk's Office.
The duties of the County Clerk fall under four main headings.
First, the clerk serves ex officio as recorder of their respective county. Secondly, the clerk is the chief officer responsible for the administration of elections in the County. Next, the clerk has numerous duties associated with probate court and lastly there are various miscellaneous duties that the clerk is responsible for.
The Clerk is also accountable for various secretarial duties as clerk of the Board of County Commission, Clerk of the County Board of Finance and is a member of the County Advisory Board.
Need to file/record any instrument with the County Clerk's office?
MAILING DOCUMENTS TO BE RECORDED?
Mail to- ATTN: County Clerk P.O. Box 158, Tierra Amarilla, NM 87575 or submit your documents electronically through Simplifile.com
We also accept recordings at both of our locations. (Only cash or checks are accepted)
TIERRA AMARILLA OFFICE Hours of business are Monday thru Friday
Tierra Amarilla Court House Recordings Accepted from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
7 Main Street Tierra Amarilla Marriage Licenses issued 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
New Mexico 87575 Office is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
ESPAÑOLA OFFICE Hours of business are Monday thru Friday
Rio Arriba County Annex Recordings Accepted from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
1122 Industrial Park Road Marriage Licenses issued 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Española, New Mexico 87532 Office is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- For recording information, marriage license information and other questions regarding the Clerk's Office click here: Frequently asked Questions & Answers
- Clerk Fees (UCC Filing Fees)
- NOTE: Copies of marriage licenses are available from the County Clerk of the county where the marriage license was issued. Copies of divorce decrees are available from the District Court where the court order was filed. For further information about these services, please contact the appropriate county clerk or district court. Rio Arriba County District Court is the First Judicial District Court
Election and Voting Information/Links:
1. Primary Election is June 7, 2016 Deadline to register to vote is Tuesday, May 10, 2016 by 5:00 pm. This deadline now includes Federal Qualified Electors (a uniformed-service voter; or an overseas voter).
Now is a good time to check your voter information; read how below.
- Absentee Ballot Applications may be picked up at the Clerk's Office in Española or Tierra Amarilla. You may also print out the absentee ballot application found on the Secratary of States website.
Who can take the absentee ballot back to the county clerk?
- A member of your immediate family or your caregiver may hand-deliver your absentee ballot. An unrelated third party may not deliver another voter's absentee ballot (Section1-6-10.1, NMSA 1978).
- 2016 PrimaryElection-Absentee & Early Voting Locations/Dates/Times
2. Filed Declaration of Candidacy for the 2016 Primary Election
NEW POLLING PLACES
* NEW-COURT ORDER APPROVED For Ojo Caliente Polling Place Change approved May 10, 2016 for June 7, 2016 Primary Election
Ojo Caliente polling place designation for the June 7, 2016 Election has been changed:
FROM: the Ojo Caliente Elementary Library
TO: the Mesa Vista Middle/High School Library
Located at: HWY 285 Road 111, Ojo Caliente, NM 87549
- New Hybrid Polling Places (no longer requiring handheld devices)
NEW 17 Year Olds that will be 18 years old on or by the general election on November 8, 2016 are allowed to cast a Vote beginning on May 18, 2016 for the 2016 Primary Election which will be held on June 7; as long as they register to vote by 5:00 pm. May 10, 2016.
CHECK YOUR VOTER INFORMATION HERE VoterView
Online Voter Registration Eligible New Mexico citizens can now update their existing registration or register for the first time anywhere they can get online. All you need is a state-issued I.D.
*Important if you have updated your voter registration and did not designate a party affiliation. READ HERE
1-4-15. Registration; change of party affiliation
C. A voter who does not designate on the certificate of registration a party affiliation shall be considered to have declined to designate a party affiliation.
"Decline to State (DTS)", or any minor party are not eligible for the upcoming Primary Election in 2016, unless an updated voter registration is submitted by the deadline.
2016 PRIMARY NEW CANDIDATE GUIDE
The guide is in a new format and is structured to chronologically guide all candidates from the very beginning of the primary election process through the canvassing of returns. It also includes information for independent and minor party candidates, although the signature calculations and petition forms for these candidates will not become available until March 2016.
Prepared by the NM Secreatary of State Bureau of Election Staff
Would you like to serve as an ELECTION WORKER on the Precinct Board. Rio Arriba County Clerk’s Office is always accepting Interested Election Worker Forms from individuals that want to serve on the Precinct Board
*click here for QUALIFICATIONS
- complete the INTERESTED ELECTION WORKER FORM
- complete the INTERESTED ELECTION WORKER FORM
- Click for more information provided by the New Mexico Secretary of State’s Office, click here: http://www.sos.state.nm.us/
- Click here for Frequently Asked Election Questions information provided by The New Mexico Secretary of State’s Office
To request Voter Registration Information/Lists an affidavit must be completed and submitted to the Clerk’s Office. Click the link for the required form: Request for VR Info/Lists
POLITICAL SIGN ORDINANCES
Questions regarding political sign ordinances should be directed to:
Rio Arriba County Planning & Zoning Department 753-7774 or
City of Española Planning & Zoning 747-6064
RIO ARRIBA COUNTY DISTRICT LISTS
- Rio Arriba County Polling Sites
- Rio Arriba County Commissioner District List
- Rio Arriba County Senator District List
- Rio Arriba County State Representative District List
- School District List
- County Precinct Adjustment Maps
For additional election and voter information from Rio Arriba County Contact: Bureau of Elections Chief
Moises A. Morales, Jr., County Clerk
Moises A. Morales, Jr., Biography
Linda J. Padilla, Chief Deputy Clerk
JUNE 7, 2016 PRIMARY ELECTION
2016 PRIMARY ELECTION PROCLAMATIONS
PROCLAMATIONS Submitted for Publishing from Rio Arriba County Clerk (2016 February 4th & 11th)