Rio Arriba County Clerk's Office
A Letter from County Clerk, Moises A. Morales, Jr., Informing Rio Arriba Citizens of Changes and Updates from the Clerk's Office.
The duties of the County Clerk fall under four main headings.
First, the clerk serves ex officio as recorder of their respective county. Secondly, the clerk is the chief officer responsible for the administration of elections in the County. Next, the clerk has numerous duties associated with probate court and lastly there are various miscellaneous duties that the clerk is responsible for.
The Clerk is also accountable for various secretarial duties as clerk of the Board of County Commission, Clerk of the County Board of Finance and is a member of the County Advisory Board.
Tierra Amarilla Office:
Tierra Amarilla Court House
7 Main Street Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico 87575
MAILING DOCUMENTS TO BE RECORDED?
Mail to: P.O. Box 158, Tierra Amarilla, NM 87575
Rio Arriba County Annex
1122 Industrial Park Road
Española, New Mexico 87532
Phone: 505-753-1780 Fax: 505-753-1258
- For recording information, marriage license information and other questions regarding the Clerk's Office click here: Frequently asked Questions & Answers
- Clerk Fees
- NOTE: Copies of marriage licenses are available from the County Clerk of the county where the marriage license was issued. Copies of divorce decrees are available from the District Court where the court order was filed. For further information about these services, please contact the appropriate county clerk or district court. Rio Arriba County District Court is the First Judicial District Court
Election and Voting Information/Links:
- There are no elections in our county at this time. It is a good time to make sure you are registered and or to make any updates to your information. If the county or city has changed your physical address or if you have had a change in your mailing/physical address; your voter registration information can only be updated by you completing a new voter registration application.
- Not sure if you are registered? Search your voter registration by accessing VoterView.
Absentee and Early Voting Information
- To receive an absentee ballot by mail-complete the Application for Absent Voter Ballot and mail or take the completed form to the Rio Arriba County Clerk's Office in Española or Tierra Amarilla or mail it to PO Box 158 Tierra Amarilla, NM 87575.
- Click for more information provided by the New Mexico Secretary of State’s Office, click here: http://www.sos.state.nm.us/
- Click here for Frequently Asked Election Questions information provided by The New Mexico Secretary of State’s Office
- To request Voter Registration Information/Lists an affidavit must be completed and submitted to the Clerk’s Office. Click the link for the required form: Request for VR Info/Lists
- Rio Arriba Precinct Polling Sites per Resolution 2012-038. For additional election and voter information from Rio Arriba County Contact: Bureau of Elections Chief