Rio Arriba County Assessor
County Wide Re-Appraisal
Rio Arriba County Assessor's office staff is in the process of conducting a mass re-appraisal county wide. If you see them on your property that is why they are there. Updating new value is beneficial to all the Rio Arriba county tax payers because tax dollars collected go to your schools and county hospital; more new value means the tax levies go down; in most cases unless new bonds have been passed for that tax year.
If you find a questionnaire on your door or gate; requesting more information; please contact our office. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and ensures that your assessment which (determines your tax bill) is accurate.
If you are a veteran or disabled veteran and are not getting a veteran's exemption; please come in and get an application from us or download the one provided at the top of this page.
Head of Household Exemption
If you are the owner of a home in Rio Arriba County and it is your primary residence; you are eligible for a head of household exemption. Please notify this office if you would like to claim this exemption.
If you are age 65 or older or disabled and have a household income of 32,000 or less please come in and apply for the valuation freeze on your primary home. (If you know a person who might qualify please pass this information on to them.)
Monday though Friday, 8-5. We are open during the lunch hour for your convenience.
Tierra Amarilla Assessor’s Office
In the Rio Arriba County Courthouse.
Mailing Address is:PO Box 277Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico 87575
Telephone Numbers are:
575 588-7726 or
Fax 575 588-7374
Española Sub Office
In the Rio Arriba County Annex Building
Mailing Address is:1122 Industrial Park Road
Española, New Mexico 87532
Telephone Numbers are:505 753-7019 or 505 753-3382
Fax 505 753-3760
The general office email address is email@example.com
Fred J. Vigil, Assessor
Tierra Amarilla Staff
Lisa Martinez - Administrative Assistant II, Personal Property
- Brenda Eyman - Clerk Tech/Livestock
- Charlotte Salazar - Clerk Tech II
- Donnamae Garcia - Clerk Tech IV
- Amanda Ulibarri - Mapper/Draftsperson I
- Tatum Terrazas - Appraiser I
- Patrick Samora - Appraiser I
- Vicky Valdez - Appraiser I
- Baltazar Mercure- Appraiser I
- Max M. Quintana - Deputy Assessor
- Levi Valdez - Mapper/Draftsperson /Supervisor
- Josie Valdez - Administrative Assistant II
- Bridget Archuleta - Mapper/Draftsperson
- Ramon Archuleta - Chief Appraiser
- Margaret Gonzales - Appraiser I
- Toby Martinez - Appraiser I
- Debra Jaramillo - Appraiser I
- Desiree Gurule - Clerk Tech